Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

More Than Just London Bridges Falling Down

BBC's Sherlock anyone?  I'm absolutely hooked--or at least I would be if there were more than just SIX EPISODES in existence T^T Anyway, I think the show's great, and it's because of this that I took notice of Martin Freeman (who is hilarious, btw and seriously should not have been able to make me cry since I already knew how Reichenbach was going to end but he was just so brilliantly tragic in that episode) and so got the incentive to watch The Hobbit.

So I pretty much had to do this design even though I didn't have the only two colors this design called for. (Maybe I'll redo it someday when I actually get brown, grey, and season three... =o=) I tried to make brown by mixing polishes, but it's like, not possible; I looked it up and tried like every color combo suggested.  But alas, no brown... I tried to put tan over the black in a last-ditch effort for brown, but it just made the design runny, and now it's sort of messy... So yeah, it's more like a messy, dirty black-and-white (though it looks more navy than it is) photo than the vintage-y feel I get from the original picture.  I guess it's okay though, since I deviated quite a bit from the original in terms of spacing and building design anyway.

This is the pic I based the design off of.

...I should have looked at it while I drew because now that I see them side-by-side, they don't even look remotely similar... o__O"


Black:  Black by Santee & Liquid Leather by OPI
White:  Unnamed by Forever 21 & White by Art Deco
Tan:  Bamboo Shoot by Sally Hansen

2 comments: